The Ark is Hiring:
Social Services Office Manager
Who We Are
For over 50 years, The Ark has been the only organization providing free, comprehensive human services to Chicagoland’s large and diverse Jewish community. With the goal of empowering individuals on their path to self-reliance to achieve a stronger future, our powerful, empathetic team works closely with Jewish people facing financial, employment, medical and emotional challenges. The Ark’s collaborative culture fosters rewarding relationships and opportunities to make a direct impact on others.
Consider bringing your skills and positive energy to a choice employer. The Ark currently offers a new Office Management opportunity to provide support for the organization’s case managers comprising the Social Service Department. The ideal candidate will have high level administrative skills and a commitment to problem-solving and customer service. The chosen individual must have excellent verbal communication skills, sound judgement, and be able to work independently as well as take directions. This person will collaborate with dedicated and passionate colleagues who provide the utmost dignity and compassion to The Ark’s clients. This position will report to the Director of Social Services and will have the opportunity to partner across the organization.
Administrative and Office Management Responsibilities
- Warmly welcome and greet all clients and guests and provide directions for upcoming appointments.
- Demonstrate patience and sensitivity in providing exceptional customer service.
- Answer all incoming phone calls and transfer as appropriate.
- Execute internal and external correspondence as requested. Prepare and manage mail.
- Ensure the front desk is always neat and presentable, as well as all social service waiting room, conference rooms and consulting spaces.
- Maintain all equipment and supplies for the Social Services department including printers and related materials.
- Provide administrative support to team including data entry and reporting from client management system, faxes, copies, prints out and distribution of other paper and electronic resources.
- Support the Director of Social Services in tracking financial assistance.
- Schedule internal meetings, speakers and professional development for the Social Service team.
- Serve as back-up receptionist for The Ark’s main reception and provide coverage during absences and breaks.
Social Service Support
- Serve as the department coordinator for holiday and seasonal programs.
- Assist with food pantry orders including data entry into Salesforce. Ensure client files are current and complete.
- Update, maintain, and oversee electronic food pantry schedules, ensuring all completed food pantry visits are entered into Salesforce.
- Oversee the administration of the FEMA program including the creation of client files and upload of all related documents in appropriate systems.
- Maintain FEMA ledger and ensure data is updated and accurate.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of 3 years of Administrative/Office Management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft programs including Microsoft Teams. Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Flexible and willing to offer help across the organization
- Efficient multi-tasking ability in energetic environment
- Strong aptitude for detail, organization, and prioritization
- Excellent time management skills, meeting high pressured deadlines with complete accuracy
- Respectful, sensitive, and patient demeanor when interacting with clients
- Complete discretion and privacy
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
- Professional attire is requested
Comprehensive Benefits Overview
- Generous PTO, Federal and all Jewish Holidays observed (no Saturday hours)
- Hours: M-Th 8:45 AM – 4:00 PM, F-8:45 AM-2 PM
- Competitive salary with performance reviews conducted annually
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package, with significant sponsorship by The Ark
- Medical & Prescription Drugs, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emergency Travel Program
- Professional development
- Flexible scheduling as necessary
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The Ark is an equal-opportunity employer.