The Ark is Hiring: Grants Manager
The Ark, a vibrant social service agency serving Chicagoland’s Jewish community for more than 50 years, is seeking an experienced Grants Manager to support the Ark’s $6 million+ annual fundraising programs, and an ongoing $20 million capital campaign.
As a key member of a growing, 5-person team, the Grants Manager oversees all of The Ark’s foundation grants (currently, approximately fifty foundations/family foundations), JUF grant programs, and a number of major gift solicitations and renewals that have a formal application and reporting process. Grants currently comprise approximately $2 million of The Ark’s current fundraising for operations. This is a full time position reporting to the Director of Development.
- Manage relationships with key foundations, family foundations and other institutional funders, serving as primary point of contact and coordinating communication with foundation staff and principals
- Write grant applications, telling The Ark’s story in narrative and data to achieve strategic fundraising objectives, aligned with foundations’ priorities and funding areas
- Monitor grant application and reporting deadlines and specific requirements for each funder
- Produce compelling acknowledgment letters, grant reports and other stewardship materials that advance funder relationships over the short- and long-term
- Research foundations that may be a good fit for The Ark’s mission and services and develop new relationships with prospective funders, and conduct ongoing research on existing funders as needed for new/renewed requests
- In partnership with the clinical team and Salesforce administrator, utilize internal resources to to compile statistics and information regarding clients, services, revenue and expenses to
- Monitor community, local, and national trends/events/statistics in relevant program areas (housing, food, health insurance, etc.)
- Maintain detailed, accessible records of all grant materials
- Work closely with other staff and departments to gain a thorough understanding of programs, get regular updates on activities and changes, and solicit client stories for grant proposals and reports
- Collaborate with Development team members to share information, collaborate on strategies for obtaining new grants and increasing grant amounts
- Work with the Salesforce administrator and other senior staff to develop evaluation criteria for The Ark and specific programs
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Development
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5+ years of successful non-profit grant writing experience for a range of organizational needs
- Superior writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe/Foxit, Salesforce, other Office software
- Strong time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with the local Jewish community
- Familiarity with reading/utilizing budgets, financial statements, etc.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 1-2 page writing sample to email@example.com, with “Grants Manager” in the email subject.
The Ark’s professional staff provide comprehensive case management and a broad suite of free services to those in need, including a medical, dental, and vision clinic; pharmacy; kosher food pantry; financial assistance; housing support; employment and financial counseling; mental health services, including a therapeutic day program for adults living with long-term mental health challenges; spiritual enrichment; and more. The Ark is headquartered in Chicago’s West Rogers Park neighborhood, with a satellite office in Northbrook serving suburban clients.