The Ark is Hiring: Development Assistant
The Ark, the premier social service agency serving Chicagoland’s Jewish community for more than 50 years, is seeking an experienced Development Assistant to support the Ark’s $6 million+ annual fundraising programs, an ongoing $20 million capital campaign, and long-term legacy and endowment initiatives. As a key member of a growing, 5-person team, the Development Assistant will support day-to-day activities of our giving program. This is a full time, salaried position and will report to the Donor Relations Manager.
This role supports all facets of the charitable giving process and play a key role in meeting donors’ needs. Success is determined by accurate and timely performance of job responsibilities and by the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with donors, volunteers, colleagues, and partners.
- Support all aspects of gift entry and acknowledgment process, including entry of checks and online gifts into Salesforce donor database, and production and customization of personalized acknowledgment letters for all gifts
- Execute key donor stewardship activities, including personalized tribute cards and handwritten notes and donor thank-you calls
- Produce gift and other financial reports, in coordination with the finance office
- Update donor records and ensure accuracy of information in donor database
- Assist Grants Manager, Development Manager, and Director of Development with reporting and acknowledgment for grants and major gifts
- Take on other responsibilities as needed to support the Development team
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of successful professional experience in non-profit resource development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Positive, collaborative style, with the ability to effectively engage colleagues, volunteers, and donors
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Assistant” in the email subject.
The Ark’s professional staff provide comprehensive case management and a broad suite of free services to those in need, including a medical, dental, and vision clinic; pharmacy; kosher food pantry; financial assistance; housing support; employment and financial counseling; mental health services, including a therapeutic day program for adults living with long-term mental health challenges; spiritual enrichment; and more. The Ark is headquartered in Chicago’s West Rogers Park neighborhood, with a satellite office in Northbrook serving suburban clients.