The Ark is Hiring: Housing Program Manager &
Overview and History:
For over 50 years, The Ark has been the only Chicago organization to provide human services to the Jewish community with a comprehensive, holistic approach. Our goal is to empower individuals on their path to self-reliance. Through the powerful, empathetic team who work closely with Jewish people facing financial, employment, medical, and emotional challenges, we help our clients achieve a stronger future.
The Ark is proud to announce the availability of a new position with opportunity for growth and recognition. We are seeking a Housing Program Manager & Client Coordinator to lead the implementation of The Ark’s housing strategy, assist in developing new crisis housing solutions, and oversee our existing housing programs. This individual will also play a major part in helping to develop financial assistance offerings for housing subsidies while continuing to identify housing situations which best serve client needs and address unstable/homeless situations. The candidate will interact with clients, collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, work to form strong relationships with other agencies/housing services, and be a strong resource for case managers. This role requires a true understanding and appreciation for safe, stable, and affordable housing to strengthen the chances for self-reliance and an improved future. This position will report to The Ark’s Director of Strategy & Programs.
- Manage The Ark’s housing solutions and the implementation of our housing strategy
- Design and implement housing programs that best serve current and future clients
- Evaluate housing programs determining client impact, growth potential, financial sustainability, and opportunities to expand services. Understand housing options for seniors, disabilities, and other segments.
- Develop financial assistance program supporting housing needs while helping manage budget.
- Maintain, grow, and expand relationships with housing providers, housing support services, other agencies, and community partners
- Partner with clients and case managers to ensure housing benefits are received
- Develop program guidelines; conduct home visits and ensure clients meet program guidelines
- Amplify visibility and impact of services, educating stakeholders about housing insecurity and potential solutions
- Serve as a liaison for all housing related issues (lease reviews, support for tenant rights, FEMA funds) and develop educational resources for clients and colleagues
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years working in housing related field or the social services sector with minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Action-oriented, organized with aptitude for detail
- Experienced in developing new programs; Recognize incubation, acceleration and/or partnership opportunities aligning with the priorities
- Engage in collaborative processes, demonstrate critical thinking, and utilize data to inform decision making
- Sensitive/respectful approach with clients; ability to build trust and partner with colleagues to achieve results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; dynamic public speaking skills
- Highly proficient in technology, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
- Generous PTO, Federal and Jewish Holidays (no Saturday hours)
- Hours: M-Th 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Fr 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
The Ark is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a safe, supportive, and inclusive workplace.
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Housing Program Manager and Client Coordinator in the subject.