MAKE AN IMPACT
YOUR DONATION WILL PROVIDE BASIC NECESSITIES TO PEOPLE IN NEED
- pantry donations
- Goya Vegetarian Canned Beans
- Heinz/Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans
- General Mills cereals and Kellogg’s cereals
- Hunts or Barilla Tomato Sauce (meat-free)
- Flavored and Unflavored Oatmeal
- Canola Oil, Vegetable Oil and Olive Oil
- Manischewitz Canned Soup
- Green Giant Canned Peas, Canned Corn, Canned Green Beans
- Dole/Del Monte Canned Peaches, Canned Pineapple, Canned Pears
- Canned Tuna
- Canned or Jarred Gefilte Fish
- JIF/Skippy/Peter Pan Peanut Butter
- Smuckers Jam
- White Rice
- Unprocessed Brown Rice
- Bath Tissue
- Facial Tissue
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Detergent
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Bar Soap
- Toothbrushes and Full-Size Toothpaste
- Full-Size Shampoo and Conditioner
- Baby Wipes
- Children’s Diapers
- Adult Pull Up Disposable Underwear
- Adult Incontinence Pads
- Feminine Products
- corporate giving
- Provide food, shelter, medicine and health care services for those facing adversity.
- Promote employee involvement and advocacy for a life-changing non-profit organization
- Invest in a better future for Chicagoland Jews.
- Placement of corporate logo in slideshow featured at The ARK at 50 Gala in 2021
- Two complimentary tickets to attend The ARK at 50 Gala in 2021
- Article with click through in E-Newsletter, seen by over 6,000 subscribers
- Article on ARK’s LinkedIn
- Advertisement with click through in E-Newsletter, seen by over 6,000 subscribers
- Corporate logo in flyer at The ARK at 50 Gala in 2021
- Recognition as an Honorary Chair of the ARK’s Annual Dinner-Less Dinner. Company name included in the host list as appears in the annual invitation mailed to approximately 10,000 Chicagoland households.
- Two complimentary tickets to attend The ARK’s annual Legacy event
- Placement of corporate logo on signage at The ARK at 50 Gala in 2021
- Acknowledgement on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with logo and website link
- Acknowledgement in E-Newsletter, seen by over 6,000 subscribers
- Opportunity to hold a corporate in-service day with up to 20 of your employees at The ARK
- Placement of corporate logo on signage at The ARK’s Legacy Event
- Acknowledgement on The ARK’s website with logo and click through
- Name recognition in The ARK’s annual Corporate Partner Thank You advertisement in JUF News
- Access to The ARK’s Vocational Services Department as an employment partner
- legacy giving
- vehicle donations
- If the amount is $500 or more, we will ask you for your Social Security Number, per IRS requirements for claiming more than $500.
- If the sale price is less than $500, you are responsible for determining the value of the vehicle, as you would if you had donated food, clothing, furniture, etc.; your SSN is not required.
- Samuel donated 10% of his Bar Mitzvah gifts to The ARK.
- The Sterns sent ARK tribute cards for birthdays and anniversaries.
- Daniel posted a Facebook birthday fundraiser for The ARK.
- A local Girl Scout troop made bracelets to sell to their friends and donated the money to The ARK.
- Kate and her fiancé asked their wedding guests to purchase items from The ARK’s Amazon Wish List.
- Naomi hosted a party in her home to raise awareness of The ARK’s vital work.
- Noah held a sock drive for his 7th birthday and donated them to The ARK.
- Doris and Mike pledged their 50th anniversary celebration to The ARK and asked friends to donate money or items instead of gifts.
- centerpiece rentals
You can provide sustenance for Chicagoland Jews facing adversity. The ARK’s food pantry distributes certified kosher food and toiletries. Contact Jamie Brocker for more information about how you can support the food pantry. All food donations must be certified kosher and should have six months before expiration.
Our clients always need these items:
We invite you to support The ARK, and provide food, medicine, shelter and more to thousands of Chicagoans facing adversity. Corporate partners receive benefits that demonstrate their organizational commitment to the community.
Corporate support can take many forms–from financial gifts and grants to providing crucial operating assistance. Contact Michelle Movitz or by phone at 773-973-0335 for more information.
Visionary partners receive all benefits of Leaders, Builders and Partners plus:
Leader partners receive all benefits of Builders and Partners plus:
Builder partners receive all benefits of a Partner plus:
The ARK’s Legacy Program is an opportunity to deepen your commitment to the Jewish value that we are all responsible for one another, today and well into the future. It’s a gift that will make a difference in the lives of families in our community for years to come, and inspire others to care for our Jewish family. Anyone, regardless of their age and financial resources, can leave a legacy gift to The ARK through a bequest in a will, gift of life insurance, gift of IRA or pension funds, gift of cash or assets, charitable gift annuity, or other gifts.
For more information or to make your Jewish Legacy at The ARK, please contact us at 773.973.1000.
If you have created, or intend to create, your Jewish Legacy at The ARK, please submit to us a completed Declaration of Intent form (if you have not yet done so) so that we may recognize your commitment.
Thank you for thinking of The ARK! We use the proceeds from the sale of these vehicles to support our programs (food, medical care, shelter, etc.) for low-income clients.
The vehicle donation process is simple. We accept donated vehicles in any condition, and work with a dealership that will make an appointment with you to pick up the vehicle at a convenient time, and then they will sell it for The ARK. We will provide you with a receipt and all the necessary documents for a tax deduction. There’s no cost to the donor, and vehicles can usually be picked up within 48 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
What vehicles do you accept?
We accept cars, trucks, and motorcycles. On rare occasions, we may be able to accept an RV or boat; please call us for details.
Does my car have to be in good condition?
No, we accept vehicles in any condition, running or not.
Do I have to bring the car to The ARK?
No, we will arrange to have it picked up. We will call you to schedule a convenient time.
How long does it take to have my vehicle picked up?
In most cases, vehicles can be picked up within 3 days.
What if I don’t have the title?
If you don’t have the title, enter the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the online form. The VIN can be found on your Registration and insurance cards. When the car is picked up, the tow truck driver will bring a document for you to sign, giving us permission to get a duplicate title. If you’re arranging the donation by phone, please mention it when you call.
What do I need to give you?
Give the title and the keys to the tow truck driver when the vehicle is picked up. Don’t write anything on the title; the driver will show you where to sign it.
How does the title get transferred out of my name?
We will register the transfer of ownership with the Secretary of State’s office after the vehicle is sold.
What if the vehicle is part of an estate?
In most cases, if you are the executor, you can sign the title. In some cases, a copy of a death certificate may be required. Please contact your attorney or the administrator of the estate.
Will I get a receipt?
Yes. When the vehicle is picked up, you will get a receipt showing that you have donated your car to The ARK. After the vehicle is sold, we will notify you of the specific amount that you may claim as a tax deduction.
How much is my vehicle worth? Should I look at the Blue Book?
We sell vehicles at market price. The Blue Book may indicate an average, but we can’t guarantee a particular value for any vehicle.
How will I know the value of my donation, for my tax deduction?
By law, the value of your deduction is equal to the amount that the vehicle sells for. We will notify you within 30 days after the sale, and send you the necessary documents.
What if the vehicle isn’t at my home?
If the vehicle is at a mechanic, business, or other address, fill out the location section on the form.
Does the vehicle have to be in the Chicago area?
We pick up vehicles from throughout northeastern Illinois.
Do I need to be there when the vehicle is picked up?
Not necessarily. You may arrange another way to get the keys and title to us. Please check the “contact me” box on the online form, and enter a brief description.
What happens to the license plates and city sticker?
Please remove the sticker if you wish to keep it. If you want to keep the license plates, you may remove them or ask the tow truck driver to remove them for you. If you don’t want them, they will be destroyed.
What does The ARK do with the funds from the sale of my vehicle?
One hundred percent of the proceeds from the sale of your vehicle provide food, medicine, rent assistance, and more for your Chicagoland Jewish neighbors in need.
How do I start the process?
Fill out the online form or call 773-681-8978. We will contact you to schedule the pickup.
There are so many ways that you can make a difference in the lives of our clients!
From holding a collection drive, to telling your friends and family about us on your social media accounts, you can support our vital work. Get creative and tell us what you dreamed up! Email us at email@example.com.
Let The ARK decorate the tables and bimahs at your next simcha or party with professionally designed centerpieces and bimah baskets filled with the seasonal food needed for our food pantry. Each are professionally designed and come with a tastefully written card explaining the impact of your donation on The ARK’s 4,000 Chicagoland Jewish clients.
Contact Diane Krugel or by phone at 773.681.8979 for more information.