The Ark is Hiring: Director of Strategy & Programs
Overview and History:
For over 50 years, The Ark has been the only Chicago organization to provide human services to the Jewish community with a comprehensive, holistic approach. Our goal is to empower individuals on their path to self-reliance. Through the powerful, empathetic team who work closely with Jewish people facing financial, employment, medical and emotional challenges, we help our clients achieve a stronger future.
The Ark has a new opportunity available for an innovative Director of Strategy & Programs. This role has significant growth potential in several areas. The chosen individual will be the point person for the organization’s strategic planning initiatives, implementation of newly developed programs and cross-functional integration. As a newly added leadership opportunity, this role demands experience in directing transformational initiatives, success in human services, program development, professional team management, and strategic planning/implementation. The ideal candidate will have an analytical approach, manage current programs and pivot seamlessly in managing additional programming. This position reports directly to the CEO.
- Develop and implement strategic plan, operational priorities, and serve as a leader in advancement of the mission
- Design and implement programs and delivery channels that best serve current and future clients
- Analyze core programs, determining impact, growth potential, and financial sustainability
- Identify opportunities to leverage cross-program strengths, pursue new initiatives and fulfill organizational priorities. Promote collaboration and professional growth
- Develop measurement processes and reporting mechanisms to ensure progress
- Develop and manage program team and budget supporting core services for economic stability
- Maintain/grow relationships with funders, community leaders and community partners
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years significant management/supervisory experience in social services areas and non-profit management preferably with an advanced degree in relevant field
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, and motivational management style
- Experience developing and implementing strategy
- Ability to recognize incubation, acceleration and/or partnership opportunities aligning with priorities
- Able to conceptualize frameworks, engage in collaborative processes, demonstrate critical thinking, and utilize data to inform decision making and program change
- Demonstrated ability to be analytical and to build trusting partnerships with staff
- Highly proficient in technology, including Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Strong written/verbal and communication with dynamic public speaking skills
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
- Generous PTO, Federal and Jewish Holidays (no Saturday hours)
- Hours: M-Th 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., Fr 9:00 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent comprehensive benefits package
To apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Ark is an equal-opportunity employer.